Sunday 7 June 2009

a pledge?...an oath?

for weeks,i tried to contained the disgust and disappointment i felt that has somehow eroded my belief in common decency.every fiber of my being was crying out for justice.my energy was totally consumed trying to stop myself voicing an opinion(and a very personal one)on an issue that is very close to my heart.the infamous…V. SOTTO MEMORIAL HOSPITAL INCIDENT…to say i was appalled was an understatement.


i am a nurse.it is not by chance,it is by choice.i believed in what it represent and i knew that i can make a difference.i did just that,i raised the level of excellence of my humble profession by working, behaving and speaking in a manner expected of me as a professional member of a community.i acknowledged the fact that any endeavour i had to undertake will reflect not only to the kind of person i am and a class of a nurse i aspire to be BUT i also represent the country where i came from.i ,solemnly, made a pledge…….”i will abstain from whatever deleterious and mischievous…and will hold in confidence all personal matters committed to mykeeping……..”and it is something ingrained in me as a prudent nurse and what any decent practicing nurse should abide by. i do not expect anything less.


as for all those medical practitioner who willingly and intentionally breached their nursing pledge and hippocratic oath…”whatever in connection with my professional practice or not in
connection with it I may see or hear in the lives of my patients which ought not be spoken
abroad, I will not divulge, reckoning that all such should be kept secret”….should all be ashamed of themselves.they dishonor the profession they uphold to elevate in particular and they are a glaring disgraced to the country in general.people like YOU gives nurses and doctors a bad,very bad name…….


people like those and incident like these leaves a bitter taste in my mouth and will defenitely have a repercussion in the image of nurses and doctors back home.a grim perspective.there was an outraged on that DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES comment both locally and in the U.S.i was expecting a mayhem that didn’t materialized on this one.


if this is the kind of treatment one received from your own people, in your own country, can you blamed other countries to think and believed the worst in us….????